How to File a Complaint:
- The complaint must be filed in a formal letter (in written English or in an ASL video) and must include the following information:
- Name and contact information of the Complainant;
- Name of the WAVLI Member who is alleged to have behaved inappropriately;
- Date, time, place, and details of the incident of concern.
- The letter of complaint must be submitted to the Professional Standards Committee (PSC) Chairperson by mail (PO Box 41542, 923 12th Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 6L1 Canada) or by email: email@example.com
For the Complaint to be considered by the PSC it must meet the Complaint Criteria:
- The complaint must be relative to a breach of the WAVLI Code of Ethics and Guidelines for Professional Conduct;
- The Respondent Member (the interpreter named in the complaint) must be a member of WAVLI;
- The complaint must be filed within 3 years of the alleged incident or behaviour of concern.
For more information, Please visit the ‘Complaint Policies and Procedures’ document